beauty

Review: John Masters Organics Gift Set

10:59 PM

I was very lucky recently because my brother came to stay for a few weeks. Although we're really close, the physical distance between us is so great that we can only meet twice a year at the most. Having him in Sendai was wonderful enough, but unbeknownst to me he was planning something else. On his last evening here he surprised me with gifts I had been lusting after (hair care products, fancy toilet paper) and gifts I had been REALLY lusting after (limited edition macarons).

Last week John Masters Organics opened a branch in Sendai and to celebrate they had a discount package for about 5000yen. My salon uses the products so I know they're good but it still felt like a little too much to spend when I'm supposed to be saving for....life and stuff. Fortunately my ogling did not go unnoticed and my brother came to the rescue!


  • John Masters Organics Evening Primrose Shampoo For Dry Hair
  • John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
  • John Masters Organics Honey & Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor
  • John Masters Organics Hair Brush
So basically a shampoo, conditioner, treatment and brush. And a cute little basket which will be added to the ranks of my jewellery boxes.



So far I've loved everything just as much as I had hoped to. Actually I haven't used the treatment yet, I'm going to add it to my weekend home-spa routine. But the scent of the shampoo and conditioner is so lovely and so....expensive? It definitely makes me feel pampered and as though I've been to the salon (= expensive in my life!) In my experience all shampoos have a good initial result because my hair hasn't built up a resistance to it yet. It will be interesting to see how long John Masters Organics keeps its effect. I might do a follow-up review if it turns out to be really amazing (or a disaster).



At this stage I'm not planning to rebuy because it really is a luxury. However, as a special treat or present it's a definite yes. Or, yes please....!


You Might Also Like

0 comments