style

Bag Lady

8:00 PM

fashion, blogger, coat, leg warmers

OOTD 12/11/10

  • Coat -  iro;-R- (resale)
  • Skirt - SPINNS (Harajuku)
  • Tights - Marks and Spencer (Dublin)
  • Leg Warmers - Nozomi Ishiguro (Garden, Sendai)
  • Trainers - Nike (A.B.C. Mart)
  • Bag - Mifune (resale)
  • Accessories: SPINNS


fashion, blogger, coat, leg warmers

Can you see the fabric-studs on my amazeballs leg warmers? I need to feature them in a post someday.



fashion, blogger, coat, leg warmers

This outfit is all about bargain hunting. Both the coat and the bag are from expensive brands but I found them at a fraction of their original prices. I spend a lot of fruitless hours trawling through the second hand clothes shops of Sendai and Tokyo. However, it's always worth it when I'm lucky.

Incidentally, the plastic bag in the picture contained my latest second hand purchase. It was a skirt that I had wanted for about 1.5 years but held back from because it was well over 20,000yen. I was so happy to find it in a recycle shop.

Maybe 30% of my wardrobe is second hand. Certainly 80% of my favourite items are. Japanese people generally take such good care of their clothes that I never have any issues with stains or smells. The only problem is finding my size!

Any other fans of second hand shops or thrifting?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I wish there was better recycle/thrift stores around here, people seem to find the best stuff!

    Also really need to see details of those leg warmers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never found anything good in Ireland either. I guess in our culture people don't buy so much branded stuff and IF they do, they always keep it. People in Japan just shop shop shop though!

      Delete
  2. I feel like a bag lady ALL THE TIME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leg warmers ,looks cool!
    follow new ,mind follow back?

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to take a look at your blog now!

      Delete
  4. Ooh those leg warmers look super cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont really thrift but it's a great feeling to find bargains for fashion with expensive price tags.. it's a little harder in Japan but the outlets are great like the Gotenba one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think it's much easier to thrift in Japan! I guess it might be a population thing because Ireland is so much smaller.

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! I've never been thrift store shopping before but Japan sounds like the perfect place to go for such things. Regarding sizes, are they all super small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty small. I think anyone bigger than me would have difficulty because even I can't wear everything. And of course you can't ask for another size!

      Delete