style

OOTD: Buy Less, Buy Warmer

9:23 PM

fashion, blogger, japan, brand

OOTD 12/12/02

  • Hoodie: mikio sakabe (Forsta, Sendai)
  • Wet-look leggings: Topshop (Dublin)
  • Stole: Street market in Prague
  • Headband: yumi sakurai (Forsta, Sendai)
  • Rings: F.E.A.R., EXIST (both sponsored)
Another outfit from a million years (one month) ago but still relevant because it's STILL COLD. For the past two years I've been spending more money on cold-weather clothes. I'm trying to buy less, but buying better quality. In Ireland I always used (more or less) the same clothes all-year-round. Add a cardigan here or leggings there - but never an umbrella for some reason... Northern Japan is a lot harsher though. Personally, I believe that looking good is half the battle. If I have confidence in my outfit then I can face anyone - man, woman or snowman.

This mikio sakabe hoodie from last year was crazily expensive (don't ask) but it makes cold days, trans-continental flights and 6 hour bus rides so much more bearable. As for the leggings, they were a thing when I was in college so the trend is at least 4 years finished. But I'll never let them go. Warm, slimming and SHINY. It's hard to resist buying into trends but at least there are times like this when the item in question becomes a staple piece. Of course my tiny apartment is filled with 2 wardrobes and 1 chest of drawers full of "staple pieces" that never see the light of day...! Surely I'm not the only one?



fashion, blogger, japan, brand

Not even Instagram can hide the gross toilet behind me!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hahaha! I'm trying to buy more staple pieces but I get sidetracked when I see pretty trendy pieces *sob*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I thought it would change when I became a "grown up" and found my "personal style". I'm still waiting!

      Delete
  2. You can never escape the squat toilets XD haha

    This outfit looks really comfy and warm though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always I love your mix, but I especially love that headband. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I only bought it because I felt like I couldn't walk out of the shop without buying anything. But that was 2 or 3 years ago and I've never regretted it!

      Delete
  4. Haha - I love the butterflies covering up the toilet behind you. I love a good hoodie and despite yours costing an arm and a leg, it looks fab and cosy!!

    ReplyDelete